gkrellm themes

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri May 23 21:36:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 14:29:06 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> We have a list of acceptable licenses here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

OK, I took a look at the list ... wow that is a long list!  I guess a lot of
folks like spending time crafting unique licenses.

I assume all licenses in the "good" list are OK and all in the "bad" list are
not.

Do you have a suggestion as to a "preferred" license for this kind of
stuff ... graphics and configuration files mostly.  I would really like to
get most folks to all use the same license (see below).

Also, do you have any suggestions on how to handle cases where multiple
individuals have had their hand in things:  A creates a theme.  B then
modifies A's theme to create a new theme.  C comes along and modifies B's
theme plus add some stuff from a theme created by D to create yet another
theme.  That may sound convoluted but it appears to be the case for some of
these themes.

I also assume that any theme citing Carsten Haitzler's (Rasterman's)
enlightenment window manager as a source is OK (I do not need that author's
blessing too).

I am not sure what will be needed in the SPEC file with respect to licensing
(since you are reviewing spec files).  I sure do not want to see a bunch of
theme packages ... one for every license type.  That is too much
over-achieving.

Gene