Packaging Firefox extensions (Finnish spell checking)

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat May 24 07:34:06 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> It's fine, see also the mugshot package for use of the
> system-installed extensions standard.  I haven't looked at the Beagle
> extension but hopefully it's doing the right thing.

Ok, I did. Both of these packages seem to do the same thing, they have their
files in %{_libdir}/mozilla/extensions/%{firefox_app_id}/%{mugshot_ext_id} or
something similar.

> The main thing lacking is integration of the addon dialog and PackageKit.

I don't quite understand what you mean. If the firefox-voikko package passes
review, I plan to have it in the Fedora repositories just like any other
package. I don't really see what PackageKit specifically has to do with that.
The addon dialog "just works", when you install the RPM, Firefox detects the
new extension files and opens up the addon dialog when (re)started.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio