The problems upgraded to fedora 9

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sat May 24 12:33:22 UTC 2008

Op zaterdag 24-05-2008 om 10:08 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef 孙宗君:
> My program failed to compile on fedora 9 with the complaints of some
> functions like memset, strcpy not found.

Hi,

This is probably caused by gcc 4.3, which is more strict than previous
versions of gcc. Most of the time these errors are caused by missing
#include's. The functions memset and strcpy are both declared in
string.h, so you need to check if the .c file which fails to compile has
an #include <string.h> in it and add it if necessary.

To find out which function is declared in which .h file, you can consult
the man-pages (for example: man strncpy)

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek