Orphaning my Packages (or: RIP, Fedora!)

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:01:04 UTC 2008

Hi Jef

>  But our contributor numbers are definitely going up.  We need  to
>  start trying to identifying active/wayward/inactive/lost contributors
>  to get a better idea of our retention rate over some timescale.  Not
>  everyone who leaves the project does it with this much...flare.
>  There's probably some critical window of time where new contributors
>  can show up and slip away. ..but if we keep them engaged beyond that
>  time period the retention percentage goes up. But that's just me
>  guessing.

Off late There are more contributors joinig fedora which is excellent
.I feel one area that we could improve on is the statistics as you
mentioned about fedora contributors and also feedback to contributors
which would help the contributors to get to know that their efforts
are being counted and monitored too. This would help them to get even
more motivated and helps in reducing the attrition rates :)

Cheers
Balaji