Orphaning my Packages - "packager pump-ups" :-)

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue May 27 13:19:53 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:01 AM, G <balajig81 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Off late There are more contributors joinig fedora which is excellent

> I'm all ears as to what you think is appropriate feedback.
How many times has my package, and it's updates been downloaded ?
ie am I really just doing this for myself, or are my fellow Fedorians
benefiting from my work {and it takes me weeks to get even a basic
package ready for the review process, so I understand how much work}  ?

This could at least be tracked on the fedoraproject managed sites, as
raw down-load hits. Would miss the packages that are included in live
cd's and within download media.

Perhaps an advance on the mirror-manager tracker that allows a mirror to
upload download hit counts for each rpm file for the day/week/month etc ?

Also, number of available and or installed packages that use my package
as a requires ?

smolt for packages ? opt-in, no-ip tracking possible. I guess that is
what redhat network etc would have been doing in "helping us track our
system's updatedness" in late rhl / early fedora times.

And, many thanks to Brandon for the work done in making some php
packages like json available - this made it a lot easier for me to get
eg sugar crm demo going for work.

Cheers,

DaveT.