Call For Testers - Elections Application

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Thu May 29 09:39:15 UTC 2008

roopesh majeti wrote:
> I tried just now and following are my thoughts :
>
> 1) The first page is good. But a clear heading like "Vote for
> President " will be good rather than "Real President Nominee".
This depends on the election name in the DB, for real elections it'll be
something like "Fedora Board F-9 Election" (or similar).

> 2) When the user wants to know the info about a Nominee, once he
> clicks the link "info", it is better to have a pop-up, rather than
> redirecting the whole page.
>
> 3) A non-uniformity is there in the Nominee's information. It is true
> that the control directs us to the user homepage. But for this
> President Nominee stuff, it is good to develope a generic page having
> information populated regarding that Nominee.
>
> 4) Why the site is re-directed to cnn.com/politics
> <http://cnn.com/politics> when the user request for more information
> on the President Ranking page ?
The CNN Politics bit was maybe a the worse part of the joke but I was
kinda refering to the US Primaries etc (i'll change this in a minute),
the info links for 'real' elections will goto the Wiki page(s) with the
candidate information, until someone higher up in the food chain says
they want it done a different way, I'm going to stick with this.

An early mock up on this concept looked absolutely disgusting from a UI POV

> 5) After confirming the Vote, the user is redirected to the initial
> home page. But the following appears at the bottom.
>                 "Build time: 0.115s, Page size: 2.23KB"
> It is truely required to display to the end-user ?
That'll be disabled on the final implementation, just wanted it there so
I could go every now and then to make sure it was happy.

> 6) When tried to view the results, by clicking "Community", iam facing
> this problem.
> 500 Internal error
I'll keep an eye on this, I can't see an immediate reason for the 500
error though.

> Overall, it looks fine.
Thanks,

- Nigel