Plan for tomorrows (20080529) FESCO meeting: FTBFS bugs

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 29 14:21:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 15:51 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> (and of course there are packages with no dist tag which fail too) so
> the number of packages we'd consider here isn't huge, but is nonzero.
>
> Please consider adopting a policy regarding packages which continue to
> fail to build from source for a given distribution.  These packages
> need attention, if only because we have disabled F6 buildroots which
> would be necessary to build and fix a bug in such a package package in
> the F9 release.  I agree with Will Woods' suggestion (pardon if I
> mis-attribute) that such cutoff point should be the Beta cut of the
> next version of the release.

For me, Beta is too late.  I'd rather see them go post-alpha, like
immediately post-alpha.

Since these all have ftbfs bugs filed, can't we use those bugs as the
basis of finding non-responsive maintainers, and initiate the orphan
process on these packages, which would get sweeped up in that same
post-alpha, pre-beta timeframe?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!