is xorg.conf still needed

dwight at supercomputer.org dwight at supercomputer.org
Thu May 1 03:29:10 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 01:13:27 am Matej Cepl wrote:

> The whole truth is that we are on the way towards Stateless Linux
> (which means here xorg.conf-less X), but we are not there yet. To
> be honest, the way is long and the question is whether we will
> arrive at Fedora 10 or later.

Are we really? Upon what do you base that statement? I'd be very
interested in knowing more, because the Stateless Linux mailing list
looks rather inactive. Is there a roadmap? And what's the current
status?

I'd also interested in contributing if I could, because I've found
portions of it to be extremely useful. I daresay critical for
certain next-generation embedded Linux platforms. It would be great
if progress could be made by Fedora 10, and it would be a real shame
if that opportunity were lost. Especially since Microsoft is picking
up steam in this embedded space, from what I've seen.

    -dwight-