Multilib Middle-Ground

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:07:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>  How can I - or anyone - answer a question about something that doesn't
> exist?  My original comment was to the effect that it was a bad thing that
> is doesn't.

If there is no standard you cannot claim that what we are doing
internal is not appropriate.

>  Nothing I've said has had any vitrol and not much hyperbole.  I just have
> the opinion that making it difficult to run programs that aren't
> specifically included and modified for fedora is a bad thing for everyone,
> even if that opinion is unpopular here.

Stop singling Fedora out specifically.  You can single out what we are
doing and say is any more non-standard that what other distros are
doing. 'We' aren't making it difficult.. we have a documented set of
packaging guidance. Others are free to adopt it.. why don't you go ask
the other distros to adopt what we are doing as their standard?
Actually no don't do that. I find someone who isn't as abrasive.

-jef