Multilib Middle-Ground

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri May 2 22:05:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
>  I don't think it is true. The truce is that many developers are
>  ignorant about ABI/API compatibility and don't even try to design API
>  sanely. Now this could be optimal in some sense, given that it is not a
>  very fun work, but the 'heavy development' is not the reason.

Perhaps a 'framework' initative inside fedora could end up helping to
change how individual developers value the issue through as part of
their mandate.  No matter how we describe it, its an uphill battle
that has to include upstream developers or we aren't going to make
backwards-compatibility bulletproof even for a well-defined subset of
the fedora repository.

-jef