FESCo Proposal for blocking older version of autoconf & automake

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue May 6 09:10:51 UTC 2008

> As has been pointed out, this FESCo proposal is mere make-work for no purpose.
> It serves only to distract maintainers from doing something useful.

Another way to look at this is the large amount of havoc old auto*
dependency causes in the wider world... success with cross compile for
example is pretty seriously adversely affected the older the auto* is.

I don't know it should particularly be Fedora maintainers' problem,
although it likely makes trouble there too, but any effort to encourage
the upstreams to work with recent autostuffs is definitely not for "no
purpose" in the bigger-than-Fedora sense.

-Andy