Maintainer Responsibility Policy

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 6 15:54:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 07:26 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
<snip>
> Brian, we probably want to list the ways to deal with bug reports in the
> policy as many maintainers don't realize how many options there are for
> getting help fixing a bug.

Here's what I've got right now (from Kevin's suggestion) in the section
regarding bugs:

"If you find yourself unable to handle the load of bugs from your
package(s), please ask for assistance on the fedora-devel and/or
fedora-test lists. Teaching triagers about how to triage your bugs or
getting help from other maintainers can not only reduce your load, but
improve Fedora. Consider reaching out for some (more) co-maintainers to
assist as well."

Do we want to expand on that?

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E