New system-config-acpid

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue May 6 16:44:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 06.05.08 17:39, Zdenek Prikryl (zprikryl at redhat.com) wrote:

> Hello,
> the new system config tool was born. This time it is the tool which tries to
> make a configuration of acpid easier. So, by this tool you can catch acpi events
> or acpi hotkeys events and then you can assign actions to them.

Uh? Actually the plan is to pass all ACPI key events through the Linux
input system, like any other keypresses, so that they can handled like
any other keypresses. If you look closely at /proc/bus/input/devices
you'll notice that this actually is alredy case.

I am sorry, but what you are suggesting is, uh, kind of out-of-date.

Lennart