Anyone else with hard freezes?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed May 7 04:43:23 UTC 2008

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Dr. Diesel wrote:
>> Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date.  Doesn't happen very
>> often, maybe once every 3-4 days.  Twice I've caught it at idle with
>> the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
>> Gnome.
>>
>> Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?
>>

> Haven't had a freeze yet but I have seen a couple weird things with X.
> Twice now my cursor just went to either the upper right corner or the
> lower right corner.  If you try to move it somewhere it just goes back
> to the corner in a jerky motion.  Very strange.

I think that could be several mouse or input devices sending core events,
fighting each other for where the cursor should go.  Do you have more than one
mouse attached?  Do you have more input devices (maybe pseudo devices) showing
up in the Xorg.0.log?  Maybe that issue is an auto-configured input problem.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29