New system-config-acpid

Zdenek Prikryl zprikryl at redhat.com
Wed May 7 07:29:03 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham napsal(a):
> Not to be a killjoy, but why a config tool for a program which should
> probably die? Aren't these all better handled by user-specific policy
> agents such as gnome-power-manager or kpowersave?

Simple reason :-)... if you don't use gnome or kde or this applets, the simplest
way how to get things work is configure this daemon.

On the other hand I agree, that better way is catch this events via HAL and then
send it to d-bus. But in this case, again, you have to have this applets. AFAIK
there is no "acpid" for dbus which you can configure for any acpi events (like
Fn5 which should enable bluetooth).

--
Zdenek Prikryl <zprikryl at redhat.com>