F9 and bridged networking

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed May 7 21:07:35 UTC 2008

Mark Bidewell wrote:

> Make sure NetworkManager is disabled and you use the old "network"
> service.  This is how I got it working.
I'm really beginning to hate this NetworkManager.  First, it randomly
wipes out /etc/resolv.conf, then if fails to run early enough during
boot sequence so that you can mount remote NFS directories from
/etc/rc.local, so I resetpriorities on it so that it takes its
priorities from its init file and after that then the shutdown hangs at
'Turning off quotas',  and now NetworkManager wrecks network bridging.

yum removeforever NetworkManager

Regards,
Gerry