F9 and bridged networking

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed May 7 22:14:18 UTC 2008

Gene C. wrote:
>> It is possible with the right configuration options to use both service
>> network and NetworkManager simultaneously.

I tried this already and I was not able to make the two services work
together.  eg: when I put my NFS mounting into rc.local and had both
services chkconfig on when it would boot up my NFS mounts would succeed
but then at login NM would have no connections.  I played with this for
quite a while and never could get it working with both of them.  So
eventually I saw that NM was S99 by default so I reset priorities to
what is in its init file and then I could shut off network service and
just use NM.  But now without bridging, I think I might have to go back
to old network service especially because NM is randomly erasing
/etc/resolv.conf and then apps fail.

Regards,
Gerry