F9 and KVM

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu May 8 01:33:03 UTC 2008

I tried getting one of my KVM VM's running under F9 but I'm getting this
error:

libvir: QEMU error : internal error Cannot find QEMU binary
/usr/bin/kvm: No such file or directory
error: Failed to start domain MX_1

[root at grp-01-10-01 MX_1]# virsh
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - MX_1                 shut off

virsh # start MX_1
libvir: QEMU error : internal error Cannot find QEMU binary
/usr/bin/kvm: No such file or directory
error: Failed to start domain MX_1

virsh # quit

[root at grp-01-10-01 MX_1]# yum list '*kvm*'
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
 * updates: www.gtlib.gatech.edu
 * fedora: www.gtlib.gatech.edu
Installed Packages
kvm.i386                                 65-1.fc9
installed
[root at grp-01-10-01 MX_1]# which kvm
/usr/bin/which: no kvm in
(/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)

Is there another package that has the kvm binary?

Regards,
Gerry