F9 and KVM

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu May 8 19:27:48 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 14:35 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> I think the problem is that virt-manager is creating a new TEST1.img
>> file everytime.  Because I'm destroying the old instance and deleting
>> the old image.
>>

> Try creating it in /var/lib/libvirt/images/ which has the correct
> selinux context for these images.

Jesse, that got it.  I just installed F9 in an image there.

Now, how can I set the correct context for where I need to store my
images?  I have several vm image directories on different filesystems so
that the vm's are not competing for the same drive all the time.  Is
just doing a 'chcon -t virt_image_t ./imagedir' enough to set the
context of the images directories?

Also, one last problem is that neither network service nor
NetworkManager seem to be able to get a dhcp connection to the lan in
the guest.  I selected shared network using br0(eth0) during image
creation but all I get in the guest is network unreachable.  Is there
some trick you need to do in the guest?

Regards,
Gerry