FESCo Proposal for blocking older version of autoconf & automake

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Fri May 9 09:24:26 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius schrieb:
> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 11:02 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>
>> If you'd have read the thread, you'd have noticed I already pointed out
>> multiple times, if you want to keep Firefox in the distro, you need to
>> keep autoconf213 for the forseeable future.
> Not at all. The firefox project should ship their infrastructure, such
> that developers can install it into their development environments.

They do. Our Firefox rpm rebuilds just fine without autoconf213. The autoconf213
package is required to build the necessary files when the tarballs are created.

FYI: I've canceled my request to block the older autofoo packages as the discussion
here showed that we just can't do that.
I'd like to see a reviewer guideline instead that new packages should be checked
if they really need to run autofoo during the build and if they really require to
be built with ancient autofoo.

    Karsten