Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun May 11 00:56:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2008 13:23:59 -0800
> "Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2008/5/10 Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu>:
>> > As a side question to this - Will fedora continue to push xorg updates for
>> > F9 after release?
>>
>> I simply cannot fathom why this question even needs to be asked.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, the asker doesn't follow Fedora regularly.  Maybe
> they don't understand our update policies and infrastructures.  Maybe
> they're coming directly from a different operating system and this is
> their first exposure to Fedora and Linux.

In the particular case of this particular person...what you are
suggesting isn't the issue. This particular person has posted on
-devel-list...about f8 issues... more than six months ago. In a thread
I was active and civil in no less!

So no, there's no maybe about it, in this particular case this person
should have a working understanding of how updates have been going
out.

-jef"poster appears in my -devel-list cache on 8/3/07 and in my
fedora-list cache as early as 7/1/05"spaleta