ikvm and prepackaged libs

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon May 12 14:36:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

> > Getting ikvm to build is proving to be a hideous problem.
> >
> > 1. classpath needs to be rebuilt
>

> I don't get it.  Building classpath requires java-devel, which is a
> standard part of Fedora.

Yep - I know that. ikvm builds classpath for itself. That really isn't a
problem, the tarball can be extracted within the ikvm directories and
the script fiddled with. It does add almost 10Mb to the src.rpm size

> > 2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm
>
> Err, why?  ecj is also a standard prt of Fedora.

To build part of ikvm, ecj is rebuilt by ikvm which means another
package being brought in to build a 80k dll!

TTFN

Paul