JahShaka

Casey Dahlin cjdahlin at ncsu.edu
Tue May 13 13:01:02 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>>  Example:
>>  http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>

> Let me chime in for a second.  I've been spending some time on looking
> at the options for a while now.  Pitivi is THE solution that Fedora
> needs to support.  Its feature-set is minimal at the moment but it is
> workable out-of-the-box when it comes to theora and raw dv editting.
> I've been working towards hosting a miro channel for Fedora and a set
> of short tutorials on how to make use of pitivi. Sadly i just didnt
> get it done before F9 release.  I haven't been talking about it much
> because i wanted to surprise everyone...but my freetime didn't live up
> to the deadline.
>
> What this project really needs to do is find a way to drive more
> effort into pitivi, in terms of creating really good plugins that w
> can use out of the box.  The parts of gstreamer that we can ship
> includes so very interesting things like video effects that pitivi
> could use... cheese uses them.  Pitivi just needs developer love and
> its this projects best interest to try to find that love.
>
> -jef

Pitivi is nice for little home movies, but it is NOT an industrial
strength NLE and I think it would do more harm to itself than good if it
tried to be. It will keep Joe User very happy, but not the prosumer
crowd. And trying to give Cinelerra to those people is just
embarrassing. Its about as stable as win98 and kludgey as hell.

--CJD