Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue May 13 18:17:27 UTC 2008

Le mardi 13 mai 2008 à 10:47 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :

> And why are the jpackage tomcat RPMS upstream for our RPMS?  It seems
> quite plain from the changelog you quoted that they are not.

So the kernel packages are not downstreamed from kernel.org? They have a
lot more fedora-specific patches.

The fedora packages are rebased every once in a while. That's why it's
an upstream/downstream thing. The parts which are shared and reused are
bigger than the parts Fedora-specific (very often because the changes
have not been bushed jpp-side)

> Does there need to be a stronger connection between Fedora and JPackage
> with a policy?  Something that states that all Fedora java packages must
> be in JPackage first and be based off of them?  The results of this
> discussion will probably influence that.

Note that has never been a demand. The demand has been to avoid
needlessly making the package flow and collaboration harder.

--
Nicolas Mailhot