F8->F9 yum upgrade notes: bluecurve lost etc.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed May 14 19:52:14 UTC 2008

Pekka Savola <pekkas <at> netcore.fi> writes:
>   - The Bluecurve theme appears to have disappeared in a strange way.
> When you log in using an old user that had used bluecurve, all windows
> lacked the header (w/ the buttons) on top.  Changing to 'Default' with
> Settings - Window Manager Settings fixed this, and when I next looked
> at the settings, bluecurve had already disppeared from selection.
> Some other user might not have realized what has gone wrong.
> Shouldn't there be an automatic transition path out if bluecurve no
> longer works?

Is that in KDE? The KDE 4 version of the theme is called
quarticurve-kwin-theme, it should have replaced the old bluecurve-kwin-theme
automatically, you can set the theme in the options.

I realize the name change is causing some trouble, but as I did that port on my
own without Red Hat's approval, I didn't want to abuse the trademark.

If I hadn't done the Quarticurve port, there would be no Bluecurve theme for
KWin at all in KDE 4. You can't use KDE 3 themes in KDE 4.

        Kevin Kofler