SWFdec vs Gnash (also gcjwebplugin)

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Wed May 14 22:37:16 UTC 2008

Are there any technical reasons as to why Fedora seems to prefer SWFdec
over Gnash?

I understand that to be part of the Gnome Developer Platform, your
project must be LGPL, which Gnash is not, but Gnash actually works today
for the more popular use cases (YouTube and friends) and seems to be
implemented in a far better way (OpenGL etc) ...

Also, wrt to gcjwebplugin, is there any way to make games like
games.yahoo.com/pl work? I am sort of addicted to that game, but I'd
rather not install the proprietary plugin.

Thank you for any assistance, or feedback :)