F9 potential service network bug?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat May 17 03:47:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Chris Ricker wrote:

> > I've personally tested static IP addressing with static DNS servers with
> > anaconda on the F9 release LiveCD, and it worked fine for me through
> > multiple tests.  What's not working for you?  Can you attach the ifcfg
> > files anaconda generated right after you installed?
>
> Multiple people (including me) have put non-working examples in the mother
> of all NM bugzilla tickets ;-)
>
> Have you tried non-LiveCD?

Mine was from a non-LiveCD. The ifcfg files generated look fine:

# Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:d0:b7:85:f6:03
ONBOOT=no
DHCP_HOSTNAME=bofh.xelerance.com

# Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:0c:76:bc:9b:d1
IPADDR=193.110.157.17
NETMASK=255.255.255.248
ONBOOT=yes

eth0 has (or had) no link during install.

To be it looked like despite being confgured with BOOTPROTO=static, the
avahi daemon and NetworkManager got started, and one of them started
doing dhcp. The static IP did appear as an additiona IP on the eth1
interface, but since the DHCP was the main address, my public ip address
changed.

Paul