I have a big mouth...

Suren Karapetyan surenkarapetyan at gmail.com
Sun May 18 06:40:25 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 05:09:54PM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>> I for one can't see any comments...
>> I do, Firefox2/WindowsServer2003 maybe its biased against Linux users.
>
> It appears to work fine on MacOS X Safari 3.1.1 and FF 2.0.0.14.
>
> I tried User Agent Switcher with FF3 on F9, and it doesn't make a
> difference what user agent I try (IE7 Vista, NS 4.8 Vista, Opera 9.25
> Vista)--it still doesn't show any comments section.  So this doesn't
> appear to be a deliberate user agent-based bias.

It has nothing to do with the browser You use.
It's just server-related problem. Not quite sure but looks like comments
are loaded from here:
http://www.informationweek.com/btgcommunity/communityjs/780;jsessionid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?forum=13&key=33669&cmpJiveUser=
And sometimes it just starts giving HTTP 500s

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
	com.jivesoftware.forum.proxy.ForumFactoryProxy.getForumThread(ForumFactoryProxy.java:167)
	com.jivesoftware.forum.everywhere.CommunityEverywhereServlet.loadProperties(CommunityEverywhereServlet.java:229)
	com.jivesoftware.forum.everywhere.CommunityEverywhereServlet.doGet(CommunityEverywhereServlet.java:70)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
	com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:189)
	com.jivesoftware.base.action.util.JiveFilterDispatcher.doFilter(JiveFilterDispatcher.java:54)
	com.jivesoftware.base.util.webwork.JiveActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(JiveActionContextCleanUp.java:63)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Looks like some sort of load-balancing problem (one of servers dead :),
document not synced)

So don't worry and be happy :)