Policy on Bodhi?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:51:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:03:29 +0100
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is there a policy on Bodhi?  I don't mean how to use it, I mean
> questions such as:
>
>  - How long packages should stay in each state (pending / testing /
>    updates)?

Nothing set in stone.  Simple rule of thumb is wait one week in testing.

>  - Can I push a package directly into a stable update without
>    waiting around for testing? (if I know there's not going to be
>    many testers, and I need it as a dep for another package)

You can get buildroot overrides from rel-eng, so you don't need
something in -stable to just build against it.  If you have a pair of
packages that depend on each other they should go into the various
repos at the same time though.

>  - Is it allowed / not-allowed to troll users into adding karma?  Or at
>    least to encourage them to put comments?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but it's always welcome for users to
provide feedback on packages.  Either good or bad.  Preferably, bad
karma comments also have a bugzilla number in them.

josh