FYI: Possibility for SSL spoofing in recent Firefox 3

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue May 20 20:50:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All!
> For those who doesn't read blog at StartCom here is an interesting post:
>
> https://blog.startcom.org/?p=86
>
> Looks like the designers of Firefox 3 did some questionable changes in
> design of Firefox 3.

My Firefox 3 beta 5 straight out of Fedora 9 displays yellow and always has,
ever since I upgraded with Fedora 9 Beta. Apparently this change happened in
FF 3 RC1? It does sound like a bad idea to me. Fedora 9 does not appear to
have bumped up to RC1 as of the yum update I just ran, (I just updated
yesterday) so we're safe... for now.