changes at planet fedora

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 21:02:01 UTC 2008

2008/5/20 Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:01:03 +0200
> Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also a person that hates fedora might get on
>> the planet with this automated system.
>
> Why would that be a problem?
>
> josh

Well.. being critical about fedora is fine but some haters take all
opportunity to promote the os that they do like or believe in so that
might be a problem. And i can imagine that the fedora planet doesn't
want to much negative fedora publicity on it's own planet about it's
own os.

2008/5/20 Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I personally didn't register there yet
>> because the registration system asks things of me that i don't want to
>> supply or don't feel like i need to supply them thus won't register
>> until it either changes or when i'm up to put the time in it to get it
>> all done.
>
> What exactly in the new click-through CLA process, which is required
> do you find over burdensome?  Not all the personal profile information
> is required.
>
> The click-through CLA is a much lower bar than the previous CLA process.
> -jef

i didn't look at it in the last few months. But making a key (which i
never use and will lose) which was required last time i checked is one
of the things that i don't like to supply simply because i don't
want/need it (not for the moment). Also the requirement to fill in my
last name bothers me. I like to be registered there with just my
nickname and nothing more. And if i need to fill it in than certainly
not __public__! I must have the ability to just use a name without
supplying a last name. Without that i'm not gonna register.

Just:
Username
Firstname
Lastname (optional)