Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Tue May 20 21:51:08 UTC 2008

2008/5/20 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 14:40 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> Two xservers is just insanity.  Those on nvidia can choose between using
> the nv driver in F9, or continuing to use F8 until Nvidia gets their act
> together.  The price you pay...

Until nVidia gets their act together?? What the H.E. double hockey
sticks are you talking about?  nVidia can't do anything until xorg's
ABI is *stable*.  They cannot keep chasing a moving target.  If xorg
declared today that the ABI will be stable then perhaps nVidia can get
working on new drivers.  Perhaps xorg has already done this??

And I don't see why you can't have two different xorg packages.  We
have other compat packages with gcc and libstdc++, etc...