Small RFEs for Fedora Accounts System

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:11:15 UTC 2008

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had the client side certificate expire. On a CVS operation I
> recieved the error message:
>
> ERROR: Your Fedora client-side certificate expired.
>        You need to download a new client-side certificate
>        from https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/
>

> RFE#1: Please fix the URL, which should be
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

This is a cvs common change. Fixed.  People will have to update their
common directories in order to see the change.  For most packagers this
means:

$ cd /my/packagingarea/PACKAGENAME
$ cvs up
cvs update: Updating F-9
cvs update: Updating common
P common/Makefile.common
P common/branches
cvs update: Updating devel

> On logging in I helpfully see:
>
> Todo queue:
> Download a client-side certificate  i
>
> Clicking on the "i" I see:
>
> "The client side cert is generally used to grant access to upload
> packages to Fedora or for other authentication purposes like with
> koji. If you are not a package maintainer there is no need to worry
> about the client side cert"
>
> RFE#2: It would be really helpful to add to the end of that info "This
> certificate should be saved to ~/.fedora.cert"

Added.  This will go live when we push the next fas update.

> RFE#3: Please could we add a FAS component to bugzilla? Or is there
> some other component I should be filing these against?

Log into:
   https://fedorahosted.org/fas
Click on New Ticket.

-Toshio