Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:15:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> No.  The bottom line is that Fedora does not care about, cater to, or
> promote binary drivers.  Period.

Do they care about having a usable fully functional system for a
majority of their users?

> You pulled that number out of your ass.  And it's wrong.  You have no
> data to back that up, and what data does exist on smolts.org shows ATI
> has a lead.

I *have* looked at the smolt stats, and they don't make any sense at
all.  1.6% and 1.9%, that doesn't make any sense, the smolt stats have
to be wrong.  I'm sure the total number of nVidia and ATI fedora
desktop users is more than 4%.