Glitch-Free PulseAudio in Rawhide

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed May 21 14:42:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 21.05.08 10:27, Dimi Paun (dimi at lattica.com) wrote:

> Yes, you answered, Lubomir answered, I was disciplined for not going
> through bugzilla, and at the end of the day nothing happened, because
> you seem to think this is a trivial problem that's not all that
> important, and I'm being an asshole.

I didn't say fixing this issue is "not important". Sure it is. But
please, keep things in relation. If one bug in audio appears *that*
catastrophic for you, I really want to hear you getting started on
the recent OpenSSL issue.

Now you claim we didn't respond by "at the end of the day". Ah, I
forgot that I promised 24h response times for all bugs you
post. Sorry that I have been so forgetful!

> > > For fsck's sake, I didn't have to reboot Windows 3.1 that often!
> >
> > This is nonsense. And you know it.
>
> Please Lennart, you said two messages ago that requiring a reboot
> (for regular users) to recover from software errors like the ones
> experienced with PA is acceptable.

Oh, did I say that? I guess I must suffer by dissociative identity
disorder then. Because I cannot really remember making such a
statement, must have be some other instance of myself then.

This is my last mail in this thread. This flame war ends here from my side.

Lennart