Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:18:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, nobody knew -- except those who can take a look at http://
> gitweb.freedesktop.org/

For future upstream X.org releases, date tracking important milestone
points, outside of git might be a PR win.  It doesn't need to be as
detailed as Fedora's schedule of events, if Xorg's process doesn't
support that much structure and roadmapping.  And its something that a
hardcore developer doesn't need to do.  I'll keep an eye out for the
next Xorg release push, and volunteer to do the housekeeping with
regard to milestone signposting outside of git, if Xorg upstream would
find value with help doing that auxiliary task.  Free free to punch me
in the side of the head and remind me that I volunteered to do it, if
I things start up without me having approached upstream directly.

-jef