Bodhi spam?

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed May 21 20:17:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 04:32:52PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:24:36 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:37:05AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > [Two unrelated Bodhi questions in the space of a few minutes ...]
> > >
> > > Is someone able to spam Bodhi?  See:
> > >
> > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/ocaml-libvirt-0.4.1.1-2.fc8
> >
> > Interesting...
> >
> > It look them 4 tries to guess the captcha for the first comment, and 2 for the
> > second -- 2 minutes apart.  Smart bot or really dumb person?  I'm not
> > quite sure what we can do about either...
>
> What about the logged usernames? Can the default "Anonymous Tester"
> be changed from the outside?
>
> It is plural "Anonymous Testers" for the first comment and "ljkl"
> for the second comment.

The "Anonymous Tester" name field can be changed to pretty much whatever
they want.  Yes, it's a bit sketchy at the moment.  I'm thinking it may
be good to require an email address for testers without fedora accounts.
Drive by karma's are valuable, but being able to get ahold of these
people if the developer has any questions is even more valuable.

luke