Re: Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Let the naming begin!  We're starting very early this time around in
> the name game for F10.  So, let the suggestions flow!

British variants of American noun spellings: spectre, camomile, draught,
gaol, demagogue (marginal, demagog is rare in the US too), saltpetre
(double points for both being components of gunpowder).

Towns in Clarke County, Indiana: Whiskey Run.

County seats in Oklahoma: Ada, Kingfisher.

Mountains in Alberta: Babel, Diadem, The Finger, Gong.

Finally, if we insist on using other element names, I propose the
narrower class of "elements with many allotropes", in which case
phosphorus is probably the next best candidate.

Ada and Saltpetre definitely fit with the steampunk art theme.

- ajax