New system-config-acpid

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:18:32 UTC 2008

2008/5/23 Trond Danielsen <trond.danielsen at gmail.com>:

> I think this is a great thing because it makes my laptop behave as it
> should even if I am not currently logged in (suspend when battery is
> low, power management etc.).

You shouldn't need a full "desktop environment" for that. It's been like this:

Hey, let's make all these important things like managing wireless
connectivity be done on the user's desktop.
Hey, let's make all this stuff work in the login manager by pretending
someone's logged in.

... why not just make the stuff work without requiring
desktop-oriented tools to be running as part of a login session?
Suspending should be handled "behind the scenes".