Mounting drives by label

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat May 24 11:05:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've labelled my drives using e2label and they're now being recognised as
home_drive, audio_drive and devel_drive. I can only sometimes mount them
using fstab as it looks like the labels aren't being used, but the last /dev/
sd* is (for example, /dev/sde1 might be audio_drive, but then on the next
boot, /dev/sdf1 is audio_drive but then the system fails on booting with the
error that /dev/sde1 is mounted).

There is nothing in /etc/mtab, but the problem seems to occur when the system
is rebooted after the shutdown procedure didn't work correctly.

Any ideas on this or what I should file it under with BZ?

TTFN

Paul

--
Programmer, GirlGamer