package reviews: show only review reqs using a particluar language ?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:03:21 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> On Monday 26 May 2008 13:57:37 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
>> At the moment all OCaml related bugs have 'ocaml' in the Summary line,
>> and I have some searches which are basically freeform searches which
>> check for 'ocaml' in the Summary.  It would be nice to have a better
>> more official way to handle this.  Perhaps by depending on a "master"
>> bug (the same way that ExcludeArch / Blocker bugs are tracked).
>
> Imho the summary is a good place for this, because then one can easily check
> and filter for a particular language on the review mailinglist. Also it can
> be easily seen on a bug search results page. Maybe it could be agreed on a
> special way to mention it in case it is not already obvious, e.g. add the
> language in parenthesis after the package name, e.g.
>
> Review Request: foobarmatic (ruby) - some foo for bar

But language as a freeform random part of summary is not very clear either.
Review Request: foobarmatic c - some foo for C++ code documentation parsing
Review Request: foobarmatic written in c++ - makes ruby colored slippers
Review Request: foobarmatic perl - pythons on a plane

Seems like use of a whiteboard status flag or tracker bug would be much more
useful than trying to randomly search out those summary clues.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29