PATH for sudo users

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Wed May 28 14:41:19 UTC 2008

Gustavo Alves wrote:
> The file /etc/profile only allow /sbin and /usr/sbin paths to uid 0
> user. Unfortunately, other users needs this path, as sys group (refered
> on sudoers, for example). To avoid the inclusion of the path on each
> user, I like to implement some sort of autoconfiguration. As first try,
> I'm allowing the /sbin path to euid 0 and group_id sys and adm. There is
> another way to do this? Fedora should do it?
>
> Thanks for any advises.

I think all users are getting the /sbin/ paths in F10
which should make this a moot point?

Interestingly on ubuntu user paths are not propagated
by sudo for security reasons (sudo is built --with-secure-path)
I work around this by defining the following alias:
alias sudo='sudo env PATH=$PATH'

Pádraig.