no updates?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:32:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:33:43 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:

> Hi,

Wrong list? You seem to refer to F9 => fedora-list not
fedora-devel-list.

> since some days I get absolutely no updates.

Are they available on your favourite mirror already?
Or do you use the mirrorlist?

> Under bodhi I can see (just a simple example)
> gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10.19-2.fc9

That's a very recent update, which takes time to travel to all mirrors.

> and yum says: no packages found.
>
> I assume that goes for a lot of packages (including yum, gedit and
> others I've had a look at).
>
> What went wrong?

"yum clean metadata", then try again. Alternatively, disable
mirrorlist and pick a nearby mirror, which is up-to-date often
and sooner than arbitrary mirrors on mirrorlist.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.64 1.27 1.16