Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:09:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 08:56:34 -0500
Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:

> > A little added twist here.  I'd like to give the Fedora Board a chance
> > at culling the list a little bit before sending on to Legal.  There were
> > a number of names that made it through the "is a" test and Legal that
> > might not have been the best ideas for naming a release.  Add to that
> > the fact that Red Hat has used outside Legal to do the name clearance
> > the last few times and that is a measurable cost both in time and money.
> > The more names we ask to clear the more expensive and longer the delay
> > will be before we have a set to vote upon.  So I am asking the Fedora
> > Board to review the list of names that Josh has collected and remove any
> > they deem not acceptable as a Fedora release name before handing it to
> > Legal.
> >
> > (Note, I haven't yet directly talked to the board about this, so I'm
> > just assuming that they'll be on... board... with this.)
>
> Seems a very reasonable request.  The Board doesn't want to limit
> people's brainstorming, but I can see value in culling the list that's
> sent out for trademark research.

OK.  So the current list I have is at:

http://jwboyer.fedorapeople.org/

If I have missed one that follows the rules, please let me know and
I'll review it and add it.  I'm taking further submissions until the
end of today, and then I'll send the list to the Board for culling.
After that, we'll send the revised list to legal.

josh