Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Sat May 31 04:54:24 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 22:08:08 -0400
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 17:17 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>>
>>> Not all contributors slavishly read every word on fedora-devel-list.
>>>
>> Perhaps not.  But perhaps the chance to participate in the naming of a
>> distribution is a treat we gift upon those that do...
>>

> I think you tread a fine line there.
>
> Most contributors are on fedora-devel list or follow it some way.
> However, I can see how some on docs or art, who _are_ doing, wouldn't
> be.
I totally agree here, the Docs team salve away right before release
ensuring that (for instance) the release notes are correct and factual,
and that we can produce some documentation so our users can use what we
the maintainers do.

You could use the exact same rationale to say that the Artwork guys get
a say too.

Package maintainers are only one (although large) component of any
Fedora release.

- Nigel