Call for submissions for EclipseCon 2009

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 14:23:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

The submission system for EclipseCon 2009 is now open:

http://www.eclipsecon.org/2009/submissions?page=submissions/

The deadline is the 24th of November which is coming up very soon.

For those who don't know, EclipseCon is a great conference that is
taking place this year from 23 - 26 March, 2009 in Santa Clara,
California.  It's the premiere North American Eclipse gathering and is
an awesome place to learn about the latest Eclipse happenings, interact
with everyone in the community and generally have a good time.

There are a variety of submission categories to choose from so read the
descriptions here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseCon_2009_Category_Descriptions

** New for 2009 **

This year we're having a special 1 day Linux DevCon in conjunction with
the Linux Foundation.  For this one day sub-conference we are looking
for short talks, long talks, and tutorials dedicated to the intersection
of Eclipse and Linux.  We'd like to hear about Linux developments that
will affect Eclipse.  Much Eclipse development on and for Linux takes
place on "enterprise" distributions so talks discussing more bleeding
edge developments and ideas about the future of Linux technologies would
be especially welcome.  We are also interested in learning about
Linux-specific Eclipse tooling and Linux adoption of Eclipse tools -
what's good, what's bad, what's missing?  What recent and upcoming
developments in the Linux ecosystem will affect Eclipse?  We would also
like to hear about development, deployment, and use of Eclipse
technologies in multi-platform environments.  What are some areas where
Eclipse and Linux technologies can make more effective use of each
other?  What can Eclipse learn from Linux and other Free Software/Open
Source communities and vice versa?

Let me know if you have any questions.  I look forward to lots of great
submissions!

Thanks,

Andrew