Who moved my bug?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:05:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM, shmuel siegel <fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu> wrote:

> in other open source projects. The point is that this discussion an
> decision making process occurred within a limited audience, not necessarily

How is fedora-devel a "limited" audience? Many of the major
maintainers weighed in on that thread.

> including everybody who will be affected. It should not be surprising that
> other audiences will object when they realize the consequences of the
> changes.

Are there concrete changes that you could suggest to how to actively
involve more people? I'm all ears.

> 2) As the subject was reopened in this list and needed another committee
> discussion to close the issue, the conclusion should have been communicated
> to this list, preferably as a note to the thread that reopened the
> discussion.

It actually came up on fedora-test-list, where the majority of
discussions like this take place.  The reason that the discussion of
the workflow proposal was done on f-devel is precisely to engage a
wider audience than that of f-t-l

The meeting minutes of the triage meeting are always posted to f-t-l
by the wonderful John Poelstra. And in a private email, someone
mentioned that the discussion was held in private. All of the triage
meetings are open to any interested party, they occur on Tuesdays at
1500UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net

> That said, I really want to praise Jon for a well thought out proposal for
> improving the bugzilla workflow. Also, after the last few flame wars that I
> have watched, the entire approach to community input was refreshing.

Thanks!  No one is perfect. If you have ways that I could improve,
please feel free to let me know :)