Who moved my bug?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Nov 8 19:19:20 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 06:17:28 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Or the thread were the proposal was originally discussed by the
> > community before it was brought to FESCo.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg01359.h
> >tml
>
> You can't expect every packager to read every mail on fedora-devel-list.
> There is simply too much traffic here, not to mention the contents of any
> longer discussion have little to do with the original subject.

I agree with this. I don't like my bugs being changed from NEW to ASSIGNED
unless I'm working on the bugs. Please use the triaged keyword so that bug
zappers can do their thing without interrupting maintainers. There is
absolutely no way that I can read all the Fedora mail and participate in the
relevant discussions and do my job. I easily get > 800 emails a day.

We had this discussion a couple weeks ago and people decided on the test list
to start using the triaged keyword.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-October/msg00221.html

What happened? This really is an unnecessary irritation.

Thanks,
-Steve