Pidgin (was Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-11-05)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:57:25 UTC 2008

2008/11/8, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>:
> > You shoud try to use some better alternatives. Try Psi, for example.
> > In any case there are tons of better XMPP clients (you're not using
> > proprietary protocols like oscar/msn/aim/etc, are you?).
> >

>  Apparently unlike you, I have friends :) So yes, although I prefer XMPP,
>  I also talk to people using proprietary evil central servers (hence my
>  insistence on needing OTR).

Heh :)
Two common geek's mistakes:

* Friends == proprietary IM system's contacts
* 99% of people using proprietary IM systems :)

In any case  this is offtopic. Nevertheless, since 99% posts in recent
100+ threads in fedora-devel are also offtopic (weren't tightly
associated with fedora development), does it still matters? :)
--
With best regards!