[LONG] The fonts SIG irregular status report

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 23:58:02 UTC 2008

> Actually we have 57 since Behdad requested FersiWeb fonts and no one

I should not be that hard really to generate a script to generate a skeleton spec file for any given font .

I know some packaging people frown on automated packaging but this might help lower the barrier to font packaging for which creating rpm's is really quite easy compared to general packaging.  Such spec files would still need to go through being tweaked and polished during review of course but it would make it easier for people to get started I think.

Perhaps it is something we (Fonts SIG) should consider working on?

Jens